Don't get us wrong, we're all for the races. But sometimes you ride for the simple pleasure of cycling and the best ride quality. And this is the spirit of Aethos. We ignored all design or racing rules, and we didn't regret it. Aethos breaks the rules.
- The S-Works Aethos frame was designed to create the perfect combination of ride quality, lightness and style - to be able to accelerate even on steep climbs, descend the most technical descents and to be comfortable even during long Sunday rides. But you may wonder, how did they do it? Specialized has re-invented the traditional road bike shape of the past, changing it slightly to optimize stiffness and balance, without compromising weight or strength. With a completely new lay-up, perfected over many decades, you get the lightest frame on the market (585 grams for the S-Works frame size 56). The Aethos is more than a new bike, it's the start of a new generation.
- A very light frame is useless if the driving characteristics do not inspire confidence. This is why Specialized looked for the perfect mix of front and rear stiffness in relation to ride quality for the Aethos. By studying the flexibility and every little detail of carbon fibers, he discovered a lot about how forces pass through the frame. A few pedal strokes will be enough for you to realize that the Aethos represents a new standard of driving.
- Every detail, from the gear support to the expander on the stem, has been designed according to style, weight and resistance - all for perfect rideability.
- Frame : S-Works Aethos FACT 12r carbon, Rider First Engineered™, threaded bottom bracket, electronic only cable routing, 12x142mm thru axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork : S-Works FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Seatpost : Roval Alpinist in carbon
- Clamp : Specialized alloy, 30.0mm, titanium bolt
*Specifications may change without notification