Assos Equipe RSR S9 Bib Shorts - Black
- - Free shipping on orders over € 90.00
- - Returned within 14 days
- - Secure payments
- - for TAX free please contact us
- - Price valid only for online purchase
We started from scratch, with a concept thought entirely from scratch, and the result was the lightest and most comfortable pair of racing bib shorts ever produced in the ASSOS laboratories: the Equipe RSR S9, weighing a total of 160 grams. To create these ultra-high performance racing bib shorts, it was necessary to reconsider the entire concept and eliminate any component that did not contribute to the main objective, which was to reach that unexplored level of union between speed and total comfort. Mission accomplished: We are pleased to present you the Equipe RSR S9 Bib Shorts. In the harshest racing conditions, we are of the opinion that the most advanced technology on which pads are based is just as important as the structure that accompanies it. Consider how many
abuse one pair of shorts in a day in a WorldTour rider's routine: sharp turns, sudden transitions from one terrain type to another, constant switching between riding on and standing, and hours of weight shifting of the body from a
side to side. All of this has an impact on the composition of the shorts and the functioning of the chamois, and consequently on the comfort provided by them. To mitigate these effects without having to resort to weight reduction, the first issue we addressed in this RSR project was that of the fabric itself. We realized that the right direction to follow implied the creation of a new material that offered a perfect combination of compressive strength, resistance, a soft touch sensation as well as the lowest possible weight. The answer was our brand new Type.701kompressor fabric,
successor to the acclaimed Campionissimo kompressor S7, a complex woven fabric that is satisfying from all points of view. It uses ultra-fine yarns with superior stretch, resulting in an almost entirely chafe-free weave that supports muscles and provides unprecedented comfort. The Type.701 fabric practically becomes like a second skin, guaranteeing you phenomenal structural hold and breathability, wrapping your lower back and thighs seamlessly with a suave softness. By using this fabric in the first phase of the A-Lock Engineering system, our new support system composed of new technologies that work in harmony to provide stability to the shorts and keep the chamois in place, we were able to concentrate on the design. While the S7 generation consisted of four panels, the S9 generation incorporates just two, with the first of the two in the shape of a butterfly that completely wraps the legs, then converging at the rear to form our new ergoBox structure. This design holds
actually seat pad and wraps you in an incredibly comfortable fabric, which combines with Type.701 to give you the best clickFit fit we've ever produced. We have also omitted the RS version of the rollBar system, so as to eliminate some extra weight and rely on the holding properties of the fabric for added stability. The shoulder straps have also been redesigned using calibrated stretch throughout, with the back using a single section of stretch material, folded over on itself, forming an A-frame on the back. This generates a limited vertical elasticity so as to guarantee greater stability. At the front, the straps are made with a more flexible material, composed of an antibacterial carbon fiber weave, to wick away perspiration and ensure they lie flat. As for the pad, we focused on a single race concept, an evolution of our established Equipe Evo pads, which gave us the freedom to re-evaluate which elements are most important to achieve an optimized race pad. We reduced the overall surface area to reduce weight even further, employed superAir microShock foam with 3D waffles, incorporated our kraterCooler system to increase airflow in the front, and took additional measures to secure the chamois to the rear via our patented horizontal stabilizer. The result? Total ASSOS comfort, more stabilized than ever, just the way you like it.
- A-Lock Engineering: S9 racingFit system composed of new technologies and fabrics that work in harmony to provide stability to the shorts and keeps the pad in place.
- Butterfly design: the main fabric panel wraps the entire lower back and legs, then converging in the back. The presence of a reduced number of seams guarantees a more uniform hold, a lower weight and an improved comfort.
- Type.701kompressor: A proprietary woven fabric specifically developed for compressive hold and velvety comfort. 160 g/m2, UPF 50+, fully dyed yarns with integrated odorControl system, maximum abrasion resistance, friction reduction, water repellency and heat management. Front panel stretched to the right point to ensure greater comfort.
- RollBar: a patented system, designed to offer support, which emulates the anti-roll bars on racing cars by using shoulder straps to stabilize the pad and keep it in place whenever you take a corner by shifting your body weight from right to left.
- ErgoBox: A square design construction that actually frames the caseback at the rear, recessing it for added stability.
- Carbon Xbib: A single section of resilient material, folded back on itself, forming a supportive A-frame, generating limited vertical compliance at the rear. Just above the X-junction we've used a more flexible material, incorporating an antibacterial carbon fiber weave, to wick away sweat and ensure it stays flat on the front.
- ZeroWaist: A raw-edge reinforced taped edge waistband that offers the best possible transition between the body and the fabric panel. More comfort with less pressure.
- Ultralight Leg Gripper System: A lightweight silicone treatment incorporated into the fabric used in the leg strips, serves to reduce fabric bulk and hold the shorts in place without exerting excessive pressure.
- 30% less seams: Flatter seams throughout and fewer seams, the recipe for higher comfort and overall weight reduction (160g).
- Mod.Dep S9 Basalt: a layer that strengthens the upper body, in antibacterial microfibre, available in a range of three-dimensional basalt colors. A tribute to the lava rock that gives us strength, stability and courage.
- superAir microShock foam: an ultra-lightweight open cell foam with a composition capable of absorbing blows and returning to the original position, filling the empty spaces every time you change position in the saddle by shifting your weight.
- 3D Waffle: A patented three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and sheds excess weight.
- Design with reduced surface: the surface of the pad is reduced compared to the previous design of the Equipe Evo so as to lose a few more grams.
- GoldenGate: a patented technology that interrupts the seams along both side panels of the pad, offering a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this delicate part subject to rotational movements.
- Horizontal stabilizer: a patented central seam that fixes the back of the pad to the outer fabric, consequently preventing it from shifting whenever you pedal standing up.
- KraterCooler: system with small holes in the front of the pad to increase the passage of air so that your most delicate areas stay cool.