Assos Equipe RS S9 Bib Shorts - Black
- - Free shipping on orders over € 90.00
- - Returned within 14 days
- - Secure payments
- - for TAX free please contact us
- - Price valid only for online purchase
Thanks to six years of technological developments and the most advanced racing pad ever, the Equipe RS S9 bib shorts are a real revolution, giving you unprecedented stability and comfort during your most demanding speed activities. The S9 represents the future of racing comfort, created on the basis of an all-new concept, thought from scratch. With years of testing and opinions obtained from those cyclists who have reached the highest levels in the discipline, Assos remains of the opinion that the most advanced technology ever on which the pads are based is as important as the structure that accompanies it. Consider the sharp turns, pedaling both in the saddle and standing up and all those hours of body movements that greatly affect the shorts and the functioning of the chamois, consequently influencing the comfort offered. To solve these problems Assos have employed the A-Lock Engineering system, their new support system composed of proprietary technologies and fabrics that work together to provide stability to the shorts and keep the pad in place. The S9 generation incorporates
just two panels, with the first of the two in the shape of a butterfly that completely wraps around the legs, then converging at the back to form our new ergoBox structure. This design effectively holds the chamois in place and wraps the legs in incredibly comfortable Type.441 fabric, specifically developed to provide you with a compressive hold and velvety comfort. Then Assos added their unique rollBar system, which emulates race car anti-roll bars by using shoulder riser straps to stabilize the seat pad whenever you take a corner by shifting your body weight from right to left.
left. Each strap is stitched directly over the pad to ensure that it is constantly under preload pressure. The shoulder straps have also been redesigned using calibrated stretch throughout, with the back using a single section of stretch material, folded over on itself, forming an A-frame on the back. This generates an imitated vertical elasticity so as to ensure greater stability. At the front, the straps are made with a more flexible material, composed of an antibacterial carbon fiber weave, to wick away perspiration and ensure they lie flat. limited in order to ensure greater stability. At the front, the straps are made with a more flexible material, composed of an antibacterial carbon fiber weave, to wick away perspiration and ensure they lie flat. Assos also focused on a single pad design, an evolution of the consolidated Equipe Evo pads, which gave us the freedom to re-evaluate what are the most important elements to obtain an optimized racing pad. Assos reduced the overall surface area to reduce weight, employed superAir microShock foam with 3D waffles, incorporated their kraterCooler system to increase airflow in the front, and took additional measures to secure the chamois to the rear via stabilizer patented horizontal. The result? Comfort signed ASSOS, stabilized.
- A-Lock Engineering: S9 racingFit system composed of new technologies and fabrics that work in harmony to provide stability to the shorts and keeps the pad in place.
- Butterfly design: the main fabric panel wraps the entire lower back and legs, then converging in the back. The presence of a reduced number of seams guarantees a more uniform hold, a lower weight and an improved comfort.
- Type.441: A proprietary 40 gauge warp knit specifically developed for compressive hold and velvety comfort. 200 g/m2, UPF 50+, anti-sweat (idroFil fastDry), iceColor, odorControl system, and extremely resistant.
- RollBar: a patented system, designed to offer support, which emulates the anti-roll bars on racing cars by using shoulder straps to stabilize the pad and keep it in place whenever you take a corner by shifting your body weight from right to left.
- ErgoBox: A square design construction that actually frames the caseback at the rear, recessing it for added stability.
- Carbon Xbib: A single section of resilient material, folded back on itself, forming a supportive A-frame, generating limited vertical compliance at the rear. Just above the X-junction we've used a more flexible material, incorporating an antibacterial carbon fiber weave, to wick away sweat and ensure it stays flat on the front.
- ZeroWaist: A raw-edge reinforced taped edge waistband that offers the best possible transition between the body and the fabric panel. More comfort with less pressure.
- Ultralight Leg Gripper System: A lightweight silicone treatment incorporated into the fabric used in the leg strips, serves to reduce fabric bulk and hold the shorts in place without exerting excessive pressure.
- 30% less seams: Flatter seams throughout and fewer seams, the recipe for higher comfort and overall weight reduction (180g).
- Mod.Dep S9 Basalt: a layer that strengthens the upper body, in antibacterial microfibre, available in a range of three-dimensional basalt colors. A tribute to the lava rock that gives us strength, stability and courage.
- superAir microShock foam: an ultra-lightweight open cell foam with a composition capable of absorbing blows and returning to the original position, filling the empty spaces every time you change position in the saddle by shifting your weight.
- 3D Waffle: A patented three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and sheds excess weight.
- Design with reduced surface: the surface of the pad is reduced compared to the previous design of the Equipe Evo so as to lose a few more grams.
- GoldenGate: a patented technology that interrupts the seams along both side panels of the pad, offering a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this delicate part subject to rotational movements.
- Horizontal stabilizer: a patented central seam that fixes the back of the pad to the outer fabric, consequently preventing it from shifting whenever you pedal standing up.
- kraterCooler : system with small holes in the front of the pad to increase the passage of air so that your most delicate areas stay cool.