With the new Stumpjumper Expert we managed to capture that feeling you get when you step on your new bike, a trailbike so agile, lively and perfect for the trail that it feels like an extension of your body. Hard climb? No problem. Scary descent, easy. The Stumpjumper Expert is the new definition of what a trail bike should be.
- THE TRAIL STANDARD — When we started developing the Stumpjumper, the goals were quite ambitious. The lightest possible weight without compromising strength, a rigid frame, perfect cornering and enjoyable geometry, all with the best suspension kinematics. In the end it seems that you can have both your cake and eat it too.
- 130MM TRAIL-PERFECT TRAVEL — The suspension kinematics have been tuned to provide the best all-round performance with 130mm of travel. Numerous tests in the laboratory and in the field have allowed us to create a medium with an intermediate stroke capable of attacking even gravity routes, it is easy to handle and extremely agile as if it were powered by a motor.
- PROGRESSIVE GEOMETRY — The 'S-sizing' geometry is just right. Long, low, slack, a short offset fork, and a steeper seat tube make the Stumpjumper stable, comfortable uphill and better in any situation. With the FlipChip you also have the ability to customize your stance, so the Stumpjumper delivers the right performance in any terrain.
- RIDER-FIRST ENGINEERED™ — This size-specific design approach results in excellent performance for every frame, whether you ride the smaller S1 size, or need the larger S6 instead. The ride characteristics are perfect for everyone, you'll corner like you're on rails with balanced stiffness.
- SWAT™ — In the frame of the Stumpjumper we find the SWAT™ compartment, to be able to store pumps or other things to repair a puncture.
Bike technical specifications
FRAME: FACT 11m carbon chassis and rear-end, asymmetrical design, 29 Trail Geometry, SWAT™ Door integration, flip chip Head Tube/Bottom Bracket adjustment, threaded BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 130mm of travel
SHOCK: FOX FLOAT DPS Performance Elite, Rx Trail Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, 3-position adjustment w/ Open Mode Adjustment, 190x45mm
FORK: FOX FLOAT 34 Performance Elite, GRIP2 damper, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 140mm of travel
STEM: Alloy Trail Stem, 35mm bar bore
GRIPS: Deity, Knuckleduster, Black
HANDLEBAR: Specialized Trail, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 30mm rise, 780mm, 35mm clamp
SADDLE: Bridge Comp, Hollow Cr-mo rails, 155/143mm
FRONT BRAKE: SRAM G2 RSC, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
REAR BRAKE: SRAM G2 RSC, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm
REAR DEVICE: Sram X01 Eagle, 12-speed
SHIFTERS: SRAM X01 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
CHAIN: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 10-52t
CRANKSET: SRAM Descendant 7K, DUB, S1:165mm, S2-S5: 170mm, S6: 175mm
GEARS: Alloy, 30T
MOVE. CENTR: SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, threaded
RIMS: Roval Traverse 29 Alloy, 30mm inner width, hand-built, 2Bliss Ready
FRONT HUB: Roval, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h
POST HUB: Roval DT Swiss 370, Ratchet LN, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
SPOKES: DT Swiss Competition Race
FRONT TIRE: Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® T7 compound, 29x2.3"
POST TIRE: Purgatory, GRID casing, GRIPTON® T7 compound, 29x2.3"
CHAMBERS: Standard, Presta valve
SEATPOST: OneUp, Dropper Post-V2, MMX lever, 34.9 (S1:120mm, S2/S3:150mm, S4: 180mm, S5/S6: 210mm)
COLLAR: Alloy, 38.6mm